Ask your child this question, and he will no doubt respond with,”Nothing.”
I propose that you try a variation, something like:
- Who taught you something today? What did you learn?
- To whom did you teach something? What did you teach?
- Tell me about something that you created today.
- What or who challenged you today? Who did you challenge?
- Tell me about a person to whom you spoke for the first time today.
- Tell me a question that you asked. Tell me about the answer.
- Tell me about a question that you answered.
- What did you do well today? What will you do better tomorrow?
- Tell me what you expect to learn tomorrow.
Ask these questions frequently, and watch how the answers change.